Revision suitable for all netGeometry courses: 19jan11, 29jan11, 1feb11, 26may11 , 18oct12, 13jun13, 15jun13, 30dec13, 26oct15.
Index of AdviceThis catalog of helpful advice is now arranged into sections that may or may not pertain to your particular netGeometry course.
- Test your browser and logic at the same time.
- Fill out the Infosheet
- Keep your class Journal up to date.
- Write proofs in this course.
- How not to write proofsin this course.
- How to write tests in this course.
- Concerning filecards embedded in the lessons.
- Here is a 4:30 minute video on using filecards .
- How to write a Project Proposal in this course.
- TBA. How to write a Project Documentation in this course.
- TBA. How to hand Hand Annotate Code Fragments in this course.
- More advice on writing a math paper
- Lesson on learning Python with SymPy Live
- Working with your SVN Repository from the iMacs in the grafiXlab, Fall 2015
texPad for offline practice etc
Download texPad unzip and run it. Use texPad for learning LaTeX off-line. Here is a 13:30 minute video on using texPad. Use the Moodle for practicing LaTeX .
texWins for browser-based LaTeX documents
Use texWins online for professional looking homework. For Logical Symbols and Figures you'll need an extended preamble. LaTeX Sampler with preambles and examples.
- Make Figures with annotations using iPaint on the lab Macs.
- An essay on palettes for various drawing programs.
Constructions with Ilya Baran's KSEG
- Download KSEG, unzip and run it.
- For MacOS 10.7(Lion) and 10.8(Mountain Lion) additional Mac Specific Installs are now necessary.
- Ilya Baran's KSEG Help File.
- Additional help with KSEG
- Make Constructions with KSEG and by hand.
- Here is an 8 minute video on how to make a figure with KSEG and Paint.
Constructions with Mike Hvidsten's Geometry Explorer
- Getting Started with GEX 2.0
- The complete 264 page GEX Guide
- Here is a 9:30 minute video on how to work with GEX and Paint.
ElluminateThe functionality of Elluminate has changed since this company was acquired by the Oracel subsidiary, Blackboard Collaborate. Thus the "First Aid" page is now misleading. A partial replacement is in the "Getting Started" page. But there is some wisdom to be gained from the original advice.
HomeworkOnline submission, grading and returning is a volatile effort that depends on the particular class management system used in your current class. What follows is partially obsolete and will be corrected in due time.
- Prepare Homework for submission.
- Miscellaneous frequently asked questions which will grow in length.
Index of .mp4 videos
- Inversion.mp4: Introduction to inversive plane geometry.
- hypXATgap.mp4: Absolute exterior angles theorem in the hyperbolic plane.
- hNeverAIA.mp4: Equal alternate interior angles sufficient but no necessary for parallel.
- logic-clip1.mp4: Propositions have truth values.
- logicPropoCalc.mp4: Inverse, converse, negation of material implication.
- 402Greek2015take1.mp4From Thales to Hilbert.
- 402Greek2015Part2.mp4Theorems from the Greeks.
- GeoGebra_intro.mp4: The Euclidean exterior angle theoreml.
- Filecard_Intro.mp4 : (Not functional at present.)
- TexPad_Intro.mp4: Off-line TeX math formula editor.
- TexWins_Intro.mp4 : Online client-server app. (Server is currently censored.)
- NB: Since 2011, http://texpad.com free-ware has the functionality of our TexWins and TexPad (2009) software. Use texpad.com instead.
- centroidKSEGpaint.mp4: Minimal software tools to contruct the barycenter of a triangle.
- gex_intro.mp4: Introduction to Geometry Explorer software
- Production Details