Syllabus Math 198/CS199 FA2014
Last updated 30aug14
Until I think of something better, I will list here known events, mostly
past and in the immediate future. The convention is that W1 means Wednesday
of Week 1. This being an update and revision of the
2012 syllabus there is a "for real" bar to indicate where things become more tentative.
- M1 Introduction of the mentors: Yuliya Semibratova email@example.com, Vassi Mladenov firstname.lastname@example.org and Dan Pugliese email@example.com
- M1 Information Sheet, lots of Administrivia.
- W1 Introductions. Lesson: DPGraph
- F1 More introductions. Lesson: Advice on texPad and texWins
- W1 Labor Day, no class
- W2 Lesson: Quadric Surfaces (once over lightly, to be continued)
- W2 Introduction ot the Subversion class repository.
- F2 Finish Quadric Surfaces. Finish SVN. Start on Python.
- The above entries are for real. What is below here is subject to change since it's from 2012 and 2013.
- M3 Review of week 2. Lesson on Curvature (Turtle Circles)
- W3 Introduction to Subversion (SVN)
- F3 Guest lecture: Eliana Duarte, Stability of Quasicrystal Frameworks in 2D and 3D. Discussion.
- M4 Collect 3-4 journals per session until all 16 have been "graded".
- W4 Guest presentation. Your mentor Fabian Junge will present a game he
worked on during the summer.
- F4 TBA
- M5 Classic illiMath RTICAs as Windows exectuables w/out Aszgard
- 4pm tutorial on DPG graph apps in your repository (Matt Hoffman).
- W5 Demonstration monkey.txt -> monkey.py -> szgmonkey.py
- F5 at 2 and 4pm: VPython tutorialon articulated models (Lara Sanoica).
- F5 Lesson on articulated animation.
- F5 4pm Aszgard tutorial: recompiling zmath-pc (GF, Zach can't come.).
- M6 Animation: Motion and Articulation (begun)
- W6 Minilessons on Hypercube and the Sierpinski triangle.
- F6 Motion and articulation: The OpenGL geometry pipeline (begun)