Syllabus Math 198 FA2012
Until I think of something better, I will list here known events, mostly
past and in the immediate future. The convention is that W1 means Wednesday
of Week 1.
- M1 Introduction, Information Sheet, Administrivia.
- W1 Lesson: DPGraph and Quadric Surfaces (once over lightly)
- W1 Administrivia: formation of Python study groups
- W1 Go deeper into DPGraph lesson.
- W1 4pm LAB: bring your PC to install (or check) your Python.
- F1 2pm LAB: Introduction to Python
- F1 Go deeper into Quadric Surfaces lesson.
- F1 4pm LAB: Introduction to Python.
- W1 Labor Day, no class
- W2 It's a short week: only one class. We'll continue discussing
Turtle Python and make some assignments.
- F2 Field Trip to the Illinois Simulator laboratory.
- M3 What did we do?
- M3 Basic Python Tutorial w. Matt Hoffman
- W3 What did we do?
- F3 What did we do?
- F3 Advanced Aszgard Tutorial w. Zach Reizner
- M4 Examples in Syzygy using Aszgard
- M4 Basic Python Tutorial w. Matt Hoffman
- M4 Introduction to VPython at level 1,2, and 3.
- F4 2pm Tutorial with Lara Sanoica
- F4 3pm Class on the 2 bridges to Syzygy
- F4 4pm Tutorial with Zach Reizner
- M5 Classic illiMath RTICAs as Windows exectuables w/out Aszgard
- 4pm tutorial on DPG graph apps in your repository (Matt Hoffman).
- W5 Demonstration monkey.txt -> monkey.py -> szgmonkey.py
- F5 at 2 and 4pm: VPython tutorialon articulated models (Lara Sanoica).
- F5 Lesson on articulated animation.
- F5 4pm Aszgard tutorial: recompiling zmath-pc (GF, Zach can't come.).
- M6 Animation: Motion and Articulation (begun)
- W6 Minilessons on Hypercube and the Sierpinski triangle.
- F6 Motion and articulation: The OpenGL geometry pipeline (begun)