Last updated 9oct11.
Math 198/CS199 Fall Semester 2011
This webtree is under permanent construction and frequently changed. So be
sure to update your browser when you visit it. Some of the
pages require a MATHML compliant webbrowser, such as Firefox and
Internet Explorer. These pages will probably no work with Chrome
Table of Contents
- ISL Busroute , for Friday Fieldtrip
- Current Calendar , updated rarely
ATLAS Moodle with the Forum updated constantly.
- BBS Discussion Board a.k.a. qa.math. Infrequently used.
- Customary items treated in Week 1 including the DPGraph tutorial, and lesson on Quadric Surfaces
- Irregualar content of Week 2 , this year
Python lesson on the Fibonacci Sequence and Turtle Graphics.
- Here is the Week 3 bin, not completely populated yet.
- Bradly Sturt kindly teXed up his Python Reference document he mentioned in class.
- The illimath
website with lots of useful stuff.
- Link to Aszgard information
includine more links.
- Here is a bleeding-edge (August 2011) download in the
These are the historical Math198 classnotes
BASIC Pocket Graphics Programs from 1997 and 2001.
On F4 we introduce Subversion
Here is the Week 4 and 5 summary together
with the miniproject specifications.
- Here is the Week 6 accumulating.
- Here is the Week 7 accumulating.
- Midsemester Week 8 is upon us.
Subversion is now (mostly) updated. Please help me rewrite these instructions by using SVN and criticising this file.
Above here are links to items discussed in class so far.
Below here are links to items that have not yet been discussed or not yet updated.
- The following directories may lack an index.html so that you can see their entire contents and copy files into your own space.
- Example files for LaTeX LaTex more recent than those linked to the next item.
- Additional help with LaTeX is in Graphical Resources for the Mathematics Classroom
- The winaid package for Windows
containing VIM, Unix commands, and a C compiler.
- The following four directories contain the files for the several programming threads of the course.
- The illiPython filetree contains only
(but not all) Python related items relevant to the course.
- The illiOGL filetree contains the 3D
OpenGL lessons through 1Octa through 6Perspective.
- The pcPocketry file tree contains
documented lessons on the HipPocket programs in C for the PC-compiler.
- The pcIlliOGL is misnamed, seems
to be redundant in part with pcPocketry.
- The following directories are (temporarily) obsolete.
- Week 15