Last edited 13dec15 by stanfld2@.illinois.edu
Swimmer.Py: A project in VPython 2015
By Emily Stanfield
The purpose of my project is to demonstrate the movements that make up swimming. My inspiration came from projects done by Gillian Smith (Bicycle Man, 2013) and Ramya Babu (Swimming Man, 2013) and Sarah Hovey (Workout Guy, 2010). My goal for this project is to use the blobby man from past projects, like Sarah's, and reprogram him to swim like Swimming Man using VPython. Since I didn't know much about coding, I used code from previous projects and then changed it to better suit my project. The main goal of this project was to make the blobby man move in a straight line across the screen. In the future, I could also create a program with more than one blobby man racing.
Here are my links :)
- October 18, 2015--Set up my webpage. Still need to add some links, but am a little more proficient at using html now.
- October 26, 2015--Learned how to use Latex and wrote up my proposal using it. The version of Latex I am using is online and called "Share Latex."
- November 2, 2015--Started looking at VPython Tutorials.
- November 9, 2015--Have tried to use some blobby man code but ran into some problems. Gave my seminar. The pdf of my powerpoint is linked onto the webpage.
- November 12, 2015--Updated my website and added missing links. All of my documentation should be linked on this webpage now.
- November 16, 2015--Finally started working with some code.
- November 28, 2015--Finished coding crawl stroke and back stroke.
- December 9, 2015--Updated my website and added links. Last day of the semester.
The following are my exercises leading up to the project. They are now just
My first experience with hypergrafix:
my DPGraph nano-project.
My first webpage
My first webpage
Fun with my Journal of a
Here is somebody else's cool video WatchThis.