Last edited 17jun01 by email@example.com and
Find this document at http://new.math.uiuc.edu/im2001/garnett
Proseminar Recap of Son and Lumiere by Guy
EMERSIVE COMPOSITION AND PERFORMANCE ENVIRONMENTS
- Theremin,tape manipulations
Where to in the CAVE?
- Keep it similar to comventional instruments -CyberViolin
- Design Something New
- Dynamic Scores - change over time
- Gestural Control
- Visual "Spectical for the Audience"
- Score as Tetris: -sounds represented as shapes which approach the
- Score as an ordered list of beat-tagged "events" -each event has a visual
and aural representation
- Different aspects of the composition or performance can be displayed at
different times. -timbre, pitch, envelope...
- Events are represented on concentric spheres arround you. Each orientation
reveals another aspect.
See the brainstorming results from the